“It was great! Very educational! Can’t wait to get started.” — Donna Smith (Chicken Class)
“Take the class, it was well worth the time and money. Thank you!!” — John Reiner (Chicken Class)
When: March 3, 2012
Chickens are the newest hobby pet. How do you know if they’re right for you? Come to our workshop and have all your questions answered.
This workshop includes:
- An overview of owning chickens
- Equipment necessary for happy hens
- Chicken tractors vs hen houses
- Which breeds meet your needs?
- Placing your order
- The basics of raising chicks
- Pullets – the teenage chicken
- Maintaining a happy hen house
- Too many roosters – now what?
- Establishing an egg business
The Chicken Workshop will give you all the tools necessary to be successful. Before you know it, you’ll be eating eggs from your own chickens!
We will also have a guest speaker, Christy Chessman, owner of Front Porch Farm (http://www.ourfrontporchfarm.com/on-the-farm.html) Christy is passionate about chickens and raises all her chicks the natural, old fashioned way. She will also be selling her chicks and pullets.
Where: the Lazy B Farm 1938 Parker Drive Statham 30666
Time: 9am – noon
Cost: $25 per person / $40 per couple
Contact: Cyndi Ball 770-289-2301
For registration, click here.